Mar 26, 2009

Space cowboy


Back in 1994, I was in London visiting my brother (he was studying there). One fine day I was watching MTV (I think so..) and saw this awesome band. Aku tanya abang aku, sapa dorang ni, abang aku cakap Jamiroquai. Gile ah..they were playing Space Cowboy live and I was hooked. Abih segala benda aku cari pasal Jamiroquai. I was addicted. The best thing about this band was of course Jay Kay lah kan but to me it was Stuart Zender. Bass dia leleh bai. Memang bass line dia gile. Leleh tiap kali aku dengar. 1996 they release the best album that they have ever produce in my opinion. Cuba layan lagu Alright and tell me the bass line and beat doesnt make you wanna dance eventhough you cant dance for shit. So, I made it my mission, my aim, my 10 things to do in life which was to watch them live in concert. 2002 my dream came true. They came to Perth and I bought my plane ticket without any hesitation at all. It was one of the best concert I've ever been to however I missed Stuart Zender's bass lines. Nonetheless, I was so happy that I could watch them I didnt care. 5th April, Jay is coming to town and sesapa yang tak pernah tengok Jamiroquai live, I tell you its an event not to be missed. He is a performer. He is slick. He is meant to be watched live in action rather than in videos. I hope I get my tickets so that I can watch him in action again. Oh, the video above is from 1992 Return of the Space Cowboy, Half the Man. One of my favourite Jamiroquai track of all time. You're the other half of me...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Khim Foh said...

I gotta say that I just love Jay Kay...he is by far the coolest singer.

My fav song by Jamiroquai has got to be "7 Days in Sunny June", "Cosmic Girl" and another song title which I forgot but just love the lyrics to it..

March 28, 2009 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Khim Foh said...

..eh..now i remember..."Corner of the Earth"...hahahahaha great song.. =)

March 28, 2009 at 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home